A leading US firm requires a IP Associate - Life Sciences & Transactions (1 to 6 PQE) to join their leading Life Sciences focused team in London. A true global leader in Life Sciences & Pharmaceutical sectors - this is an enviable opportunity to work with industry leading partners in a firm entrenched in the sector for decades. The clients are a mix from emerging companies to the top names in global life sciences/pharma.
The opportunity offers unrivalled scope to work on the most innovative and interesting matters, incorporating IP & Life Sciences in a collegiate team operating a flat structure. You will have the chance to take the lead on matters working directly with one partner on deals giving brilliant responsibility even at the very junior level.
Day to day
- Advising on the drafting and negotiation of complex IP licences, collaboration/partnering arrangements and R&D agreements, ancillary agreements
- Working on IP aspects of mergers, acquisitions and investments
- Providing advice on IP aspects of commercial contracts such as manufacturing and distribution arrangements
- Advising clients on monetisation of IP, novel IP arrangements i.e. University collaborations
- Providing Commercial & IP advice through product & transaction life cycle
- 1 to 6 years PQE - England & Wales, US admitted or Common law jurisdictions considered
- Experience in a City firm or leading IP practice (UK or internationally)
- A Science academic background is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience working on IP Transactions, Life Sciences sector would be desirable but not essential
- A desire to work with Life Sciences/Pharma clients near exclusively
- Strong contract drafting skills
For more information on the opportunity please get in touch // Alex.George@astral-legal.com 0203 8619 213