Legal Counsel - 2-5 year PQE - Hybrid- London. Insurance
Astral Legal have partnered with a venture capital investor who work closely with the Insurance sector. They are looking to expand their Legal team and are ideally looking to recruit a 2-5 year PQE Solicitor who is experienced supporting the Insurance market. Candidates from In-House or Private Practice will be considered.
The duties of the Legal Counsel will be:
- To provide general legal advise to all group companies as required.
- Supporting commercial contract drafting and negotiation including NDAs, service level agreements, intragroup agreements, secondment agreements, IT agreements and general procurement agreements for both US and UK offices.
- Supports the legal team as directed with the onboarding of new US and UK business units.
- Assists with drafting and reviewing policy wordings and new product development for all business units with a focus on RI, professional liability, property, binders, D&O, marine, environmental and D&F within both US and UK law.
- Advises on matters of both US and UK insurance law, privacy law, data protection/GDPR, general contract law and other legal issues relevant to underwriting.
- Drafts / advises on insurance and reinsurance policy wordings,
- Provides prompt and commercial advice to underwriters on wordings as required.
- Supports the Claims department and underwriters in the resolution of coverage queries.
- Reviews coverage letters, non-disclosure agreements, drafts / advises on ancillary agreements relevant to the underwriting process, such as notices of assignment, service level agreements, TOBAs, and binding authority agreements as required.
- Supports the Legal Manager in the provision of legal advice to the claims department.
If you are a 2-5 year PQE Legal Counsel who is currently In-House or Private Practice looking for a new exciting opportunity, please contact me for further information.